ABAP Lead Developer
ABAP Lead Developer
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred vendor at BC Hydro and they have asked us to provide them with an ABAP Developer to join their team in Burnaby*. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Located: Vancouver, BC * Hybrid – up to 2 days per week on site in Burnaby
Status: One (1) year Contract with possible extensions
Rate: Hourly All-Inclusive Rate
The SAP Developer designs and implements SAP technical solutions for operations and projects collaborating with SAP Functional Consultants while following industry best practices as well as BC Hydro standards and guidelines. This role may play a technical lead role in operations or projects.
The senior ABAP developer will either:
1) Lead overall ABAP team
2) Lead SCM development team or
3) Be a team member for IS-U development team.
• Collaborate with the SAP operational and project teams and with other stakeholders as needed to build technical solutions that follow industry best practices and BC Hydro standards and guidelines.
• Provide technical leadership on operations and sustainment; provide technical leadership on a full cycle SAP implementation from project preparation through to go-live by leading and executing project deliverables, project charter, risk and issues to support business operations in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
• Design, develop, and document high quality, sustainable SAP solutions and by fully leveraging SAP functionalities and other integrated systems following BC Hydro standards and guidelines.
• Collaborate with various resources and other consultants to document solution requirements and functional and technical specifications to ensure that the design meets BC Hydro’s business requirements.
• Lead business requirements analysis, work planning, solution design, fit-gap analysis, detailed functional design, and system configuration specifications to meet user requirements, as well as support and provide user acceptance training (UAT) so that projects are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
• Continuously improve the efficiency of SAP solutions by presenting reports, feasible technical options and recommendations, maintaining awareness of technological developments, and researching hardware and software products to ensure innovative, reliable, and quality technology solutions.
• Provide ongoing technical guidance, advice, and assistance to users, customers, partner resources, and multiple project and sustainment teams with major and complex system operations to continuously build SAP capability at BC Hydro.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
• Certificate in SAP functional modules, an asset
• Project Management certificate, an asset
• Excellent skills in the following areas:
• Business and process design
• Project management
• Implementation and support methodology for IT services
• Development of functional specifications for interface and enhancements etc.
• Good working knowledge in the following areas, an asset:
o SAP Utility industry solution
o New SAP technology such as HANA, S4
o Cloud solutions that complement SAP solution
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment
• ABAP team leadership
• A minimum seven (7) years of working experience in SAP functional module configuration with excellent knowledge of key integration points plus:
• A minimum seven (7) years of working experience in SAP implementation and support which includes SAP project implementation, enhancement and production support as well as integrating SAP with other enterprise applications,
• At least three (3) projects full lifecycle SAP implementation experience,
• A minimum three (3) years of solution architecture experience in various industries, and
• A minimum three (3) years of program/project management or technical leadership experience
Nice to have:
• ABAP skills specific to SCM
• ABAP skills specific to IS-U