Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred Vendor at SaskPower – Saskatchewan’s Power and Utilities provider; and they have asked us to provide them with a contract Analytics Developer to join their project team in Regina. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
SaskPower is seeking a contract resource this role is for an Intermediate or Senior Front End Developer. This role reports to the Manager Enterprise Analytics.
Role is responsible for development of dashboards, reports, self-serve data set and queries. These outcomes will primarily be delivered via Microsoft Power BI and knowledge of this product is a key requirement.
The primary source of data will be provided by our SAP Business Warehouse & SAP Business Objects platform. Knowledge of these environments is also a critical asset to be successful in this role.
- Designs, automates and manages data visualization leveraging various technologies including Power BI and SAP Business Objects
- Analyzes information requirements of customers and support teams and determines the best technical solutions
- Collaborates with business and technical partners to understand and evaluate their needs for data from the data warehouse
- Works closely with the Solution Architect to define/evolve the data storage architecture and data transformation architecture sections of the solution architecture
- Mentors other staff in the delivery of services and problem resolution
• Deliver outcomes on enhancement requests based on priority and direction from assigned Team Lead
• Create Dashboards & Reports using Power BI, applying best practice in data modeling and visualization.
• Ensure that best practices are followed both in visualization and data modeling
• Advise/Design/Implement our Microsoft environment to optimize user experience around Power BI Desktop, Premium Power BI subscription & Data flow + Data Set for self-serve users.
• Identify gaps between project requirement and data available.
• Assess security requirement
• Collect business meta data information
• Identify required tasks and provide estimates of effort
Detailed Requirements Definition
• Prepare design requirement specification documents.
• Identify feasibility and impacts on current environment.
• Ensure that best practices are followed
Operational Support & Testing
• Development test cases for reports and dashboards
• Build reports and dashboards by following best practices.
• Create & document technical meta data definition for each object in our data sets
• Execute unit test plan and provide results reports
• Manages the report generation processes, and investigates/resolves failures
4+ years’ experience working with Power BI
4+ years’ experience working with SAP BW/BI/BOBJ
2+ years’ experience working in SAP BW Projects
2+ years’ experience working with BEX
2+ years’ experience working with Process Chains
2+ years’ experience working with BODS
Other technologies that would be a further asset:
• Informatica Data Qu