Cyber Security SME
Cyber Security SME
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred Vendor at Saskpower – Saskatchewan’s Power and Utilities provider; and they have asked us to provide them with a Cyber Security Specialist to work with their team in Regina. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com.
SaskPower requires a Cyber Security Specialist to:
• Report recommendations include:
o NERC CIP compliance program and process recommendations.
o Recommendations regarding improvements that could be made to threat risk assessment procedures and reporting being used by Enterprise Security.
o Recommendations regarding the development and use of risk-based reporting.
o Recommendations regarding the Enterprise Security strategy that is in development
• Documentation in accordance with established PVL tools and templates
• Act as a subject matter expert in Security functions to develop, implement, coach and assist management staff in the administration and interpretation of corporate policies; providing advice that is appropriate, practical and consistent with relevant legislation, regulations, laws and/or industry standards
• Identify new business solutions and operational efficiencies, while providing recommendations which have a significant impact on the security of SaskPower’s business operations and strategies
• Lead and/or participate in cross-functional projects to provide functional expertise for corporate and departmental strategic
• Planning initiatives
• Represent the department and prepare and present material to internal and external audiences as required
• Maintain knowledge of industry developments and best practices related to Enterprise (Cyber) Security and adapt them to SaskPower’s operational technology (OT) environment
• Assesses cyber threats, vulnerabilities and controls to determine risk
• Designs, implements and operates cyber-security (IT) solutions for SaskPower’s OT environment, and can develop documented processes for each
Education & Certifications
• Computer Engineering / Computer Science degree or equivalent
• CISSP, SCCP, GIAC (SANS) or similar
• Other Network, Computer/IT or Security Certifications
• Demonstrated record of continuous improvement
• Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and operating cyber-security systems and solutions.
• Experience working in Operational Technology (OT) and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environments.
• Experience with SCADA.
• Technology operations experience in Critical Infrastructures (Energy, Water, Defense, Chemical, etc.)
• Regulatory compliance experience (NERC-CIP, HIPAA, PCI-DSS).
• Cyber-security frameworks (NIST CSF, NIST SP800-53, CIS, ISO 27001, etc)
• Documented Cyber-security architecture and operations experience
• Technology automation and orchestration.