ERP Project Manager
ERP Project Manager
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred Vendor at an Energy Service company and they have asked us to provide them with an experienced ERP Project Manager to join their team in Calgary. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Located: Calgary , AB
Status: Permanent – Full Time
Rate: Base salary, benefits package and pension plan
OUR CLIENT is seeking an energetic leader who is keen to work as part of a strong team to effect tangible and important business improvements in support of our organization’s goals.
Reporting to the Manager, PMO, Master Data & IT Systems, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for leading business applications project initiatives and managing project teams to successfully deliver projects.
The successful candidate has proven experience in guiding a diverse IT project team working towards a common goal. This role requires IT, business and project management acumen, a pragmatic problem-solving approach and an understanding of how important Change Management is to the successful adoption of a solution by end users. The successful candidate will work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and implement solutions which are consistent with IT’s overall technical strategy.
Most projects will be business driven initiatives that have an Application or Information Technology component. Many will have SAP touch points. Other projects will be internal IT / Infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of IT software development life cycle methodology including business analysis and requirements gathering, application development and software quality assurance.
While the focus of the role is primarily for work in North America, the role will also need to collaborate with other regions for relevant projects and to ensure alignment.
With a foundation of integrity, the candidate would use commitment and creativity to drive our organization forward.
Overall responsibility is to:
• Deliver on business objectives through excellence in project management
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with relevant business owners and with the IT team.
• Define, plan and manage deliverables and milestones for assigned projects.
• Plan, schedule and continually manage project expectations with team members and stakeholders in a clear and timely manner.
• Manage Risks and Issues that arise throughout the project; escalate as required.
• Manage project budget, actual and forecast costs.
• Manage resource plan, utilization and forecast time.
• Keep sponsors and stakeholders informed and engaged including regular project status updates.
• Support and collaborate with team members on solution design and problem resolution.
• Evaluate and manage organizational change to ensure initiative launch is successfully embraced.
• Follow IT PMO governance processes by adhering to structured stages of initiation, planning, execution, closure and presenting at IT PMO meetings including Stage Gate.
• Follow IT PMO standards including preparation of Project Charter, Resource Plan, Schedule, Financial updates, Lessons Learned and Closeout Report.
• Follow IT Change Management process.
• Ensure changes made to the Business Systems are consistent with Client’s standards and best practices.
• Work with the IT management team to improve and strengthen the IT PMO.
• Mentor and coach other members of the IT team in project management best practices.
• Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, and/or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing large IT projects using PMI based Project Management methodology, with projects in both custom developed and off the shelf solutions.
• Experience managing SAP projects.
• Experience with custom development environments and projects using Agile methodology.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; an enthusiastic motivator who brings a team together for a common goal and helps to resolve roadblocks.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Excellent communicator, through presentations and written communications.
• Strong business and Information Technology acumen.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under tight timelines.
• Extensive knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint.
• Experience using SAP transactions would be advantageous.
• Experience in an Engineer to Order manufacturing organization would be a significant asset.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and to travel to US.
• Willing to occasionally work off hours to accommodate team members in other time zones.