Lead ABAP Developer
Lead ABAP Developer
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred vendor at BC Hydro and they have asked us to provide them with an ABAP Developer Lead to join their team in Burnaby*. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: July 2023
Located: Vancouver, BC – * Hybrid – up to 1 day per week on site in Burnaby
Status: One (1) year Contract with possible extensions
Rate: Hourly All-Inclusive Rate
* Candidates should be in the lower mainland Burnaby, BC – Edmonds/Hybrid 1 day in the office
BC Hydro is embarking on various initiatives to modernize its SAP footprint. We are seeking a Senior SAP Development Lead to join our dynamic team.
As a Senior SAP Development Lead, you will play a crucial role in driving the design, development, and delivery of solutions within our organization. You will lead a team of 20-30 developers and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful implementation of SAP projects. Your expertise in SAP development, strong leadership skills, and ability to provide technical guidance will be essential in achieving project goals and maintaining high-quality standards. This is primarily a leadership position with technical hands-on work comprising of 25-50% of the time.
• Lead and manage a team of SAP developers, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and support to ensure successful project delivery.
• Collaborate with project managers, functional consultants, and business stakeholders to gather requirements, define technical specifications, and deliver solutions that meet business needs.
• Design and develop programs, enhancements, and interfaces, adhering to best practices and industry standards.
• Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to developers, ensuring code quality, performance optimization, and adherence to coding standards.
• Oversee the resolution of technical issues, troubleshooting complex problems, and providing timely resolutions.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest SAP technologies, trends, and best practices, and proactively recommend innovative solutions to enhance system performance and efficiency.
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives, identifying opportunities to streamline development processes, automate tasks, and improve overall development productivity.
• Act as a subject matter expert, providing guidance and support to the development team and stakeholders on development-related matters.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including functional consultants, basis administrators, and quality assurance teams, to ensure seamless integration and smooth delivery of solutions.
• Stay abreast of SAP technologies and ensure BC Hydro is well-positioned for the future.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
• Certificate in SAP functional modules, an asset
• A minimum seven (7) years of working experience in SAP functional module configuration with excellent knowledge of key integration points plus:
• A minimum seven (7) years of working experience in SAP implementation and support which includes SAP project implementation, enhancement and production support as well as integrating SAP with other enterprise applications,
• At least three (3) projects full lifecycle SAP implementation experience,
• A minimum three (3) years of solution architecture experience in various industries, and
• A minimum three (3) years of program/project management or technical leadership experience
• Must be local to Vancouver and have ability to come onsite once per week.
• Proven experience as a Senior SAP Development Lead, with at least 5 years of development leadership in large SAP organization.
• Extensive experience working with DevOps and agile methodology.
• Superior resource management skills with proven ability to drive high performance from a largely remote workforce.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Must have leadership experience in the latest generation of SAP systems and technologies including:
o SAP S/4HANA – Experience with S/4HANA development, including working with the new data model (CDS) and Fiori.
o SAP BTP – Ability to build scalable and cloud-native solutions.
o SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) – Ability to create customized analytics applications.