Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred Vendor at SaskPower – Saskatchewan’s Power and Utilities provider; and they have asked us to provide them with a contract Program Manager for several IT initiatives. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rate: Remote* and all-Inclusive on site hourly rate
Travel Required: *Remote & On site combination – up to 70% on site when safe to do so*
coverage typical business hours M-F
* In the short term, the individual will be working remote due to covid.
We do recognize the impact of Covid-19 and will work together to build a practical ONsite schedule for the long term and therefore request hourly rate that is inclusive of all travel and expenses, one for ONsite and for OFFsite.
This contract is for a full time PROGRAM MANAGER. This is for the SAP Modernization initiative titled “JUNO Powering our Business”. The program is a collection of 6 larger I.T. projects with potential for several smaller initiatives during the next 3 years. This program will achieve the implementation of the upgrade to SAP S/4HANA for our business users. The Program will deliver both the technical upgrade and will achieve the business transformation at SaskPower.
KEY PRIORITY ITEMS:
• Accountable for preparing materials required to communicate Program status at various “Executive” level committees, individual project boards and various stakeholders.
• Accountable and Responsible for overall Program execution (which comprises of various projects) by providing oversight and directions to various projects.
• Responsible for surfacing and managing program level “Risk” by bringing transparency to various stakeholders.
• Responsible for managing program level “budget” spend and adhering to change management process as deemed necessary and approved by the program sponsor.
• Responsible for managing and maintaining program level “organizational change management” strategy by working with corporate OCM resource assigned to the program.
• Effectively work with and providing guidance as necessary to various project managers managing individual projects, as part of the overall program.
• Meets *in-person* with business partners and contractor personnel to develop and review program plans, schedules, assignments, costs, etc. Ensures conformance with schedules and costs.
• Producing Program Status reports. Delivering status reports and presentations to stakeholders, steering committee, etc.
• Liaising with resource managers to discuss and update resource availability.
• A program is defined as a group of related projects managed in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually. Programs may include elements of related work outside the scope of the discrete projects in the program
• Projects within a program are related through the common outcome or collective capability
• N.B. If the relationship between projects is only that of a shared client, seller, technology, or resource, the effort should be managed as a portfolio of projects rather than as a program.
• Program management focuses on the project interdependencies and helps to determine the optimal approach for managing them. Actions related to these interdependencies may include:
• Resolving resource constraints and/or conflicts that affect multiple projects within the program
• Aligning organizational/strategic direction that affects project and program goals
• Resolving issues and overseeing change management within shared governance structure
Program Managers are responsible for managing related projects in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not available from managing them individually. Program managers interact with each project manager to support and provide guidance on individual projects.
Elements (at a Program Level):
• Program integration and performance management
• Financial management
• Resource capacity management
• Procurement management
• Risk management
• Scope management
• Stakeholder management
• Training, mentoring, coaching, coordinating project managers
• Centralized communication among project managers, project sponsors, managers, and other stakeholders
• Ensure compliance with prevailing standards, policies and procedures as well as regulatory and legislative requirements
• Status reporting and presentation to Steering Committee and program sponsor(s)
• Coordination of program activities
• Post secondary education
• Proven experience as Program Manager, and/or as a Project Manager
• A continuing record of professional development. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar. A certification in project management such as:
o PMP Certification,
o Prince2 or similar.
• Beneficial to have SAP product knowledge and ASAP methodology.
• Progressive experience in a combination of systems acquisition engineering, software development, and communications engineering support activities such as system design and integration, communications, etc.
• 10+ years in program/project management experience.
• More than 10 years of technical experience in planning and designing IT functions within a large, complex environment, including at least five in a formal leadership or strategic role
• Strong quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions, including identifying and implementing solutions
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain long-term, collaborative relationships within all areas of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage employees to all level
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Experience with leading initiatives to achieve business transformation within Information Technology.