SAP Basis Consultant
SAP Basis Consultant
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred vendor at BC Hydro and they have asked us to provide them with an SAP Basis Consultant to join their team in Burnaby*. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
* Due to COVID, the resource will work remotely – but at some point may be expected to be on-site /occasionally / as needed.
This resource will provide architectural solutions and guidance for new implementations and enhancement to existing platforms; performs operational and project support activities to sustain, maintain, and enhance SAP solutions to support business operations in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
- Sustain, maintain, and enhance BC Hydro’s existing SAP BASIS solutions by monitoring SAP BASIS operations and completing operational routine sustainment activities efficiently and on time to ensure adequate performance for all SAP systems across the organization.
- Contribute to ensuring high quality of IT BASIS services by proactively monitoring production environment, restoring production incidents timely, resolving production & non-production problems, providing appropriate and timely stakeholder communication & updates, and adhering to BC Hydro IT management processes and policy.
- Perform SAP system upgrades by following industry best practices to ensure innovative, reliable, and quality technology solutions.
- Review and analyze existing SAP BASIS solutions and technical changes and assist with researching, evaluating and recommending SAP technologies, innovations, and related hardware and software to continuously improve SAP solutions at BC Hydro.
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and leadership to the team consisting of other SAP BASIS consultants in terms of work management and architecture and technology best practices so that projects and initiatives are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
- A minimum seven (7) years of working experience in SAP technical consulting, with:
- three (3) years as an SAP BASIS technical lead or architect
- three (3) years in an SAP production support role working with complex landscape
- completion of at least five (5) full lifecycle SAP implementation/upgrade projects
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- SAP relevant certificate, an asset
- Expert skills in the following areas:
- Broad knowledge of SAP technologies including SAP ERP, NetWeaver, and cloud components
- Coordinating the integration and configuration of SAP systems working with multiple teams at the same time
- Change management process and software such as Solution Manager
- Able to work under pressure in a dynamic, technical complex environment.
- Strong coordination, time management and planning skills.
- Have excellent team working abilities; able to work as a team member, sharing knowledge for the benefit of the team and the service.
- Good working knowledge of IT infrastructure, especially where it relates to SAP landscapes and its interfaces
- Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Must haves for this role include:
- Experience in S/4 HANA.
- HANA support experience, including administration, backup and failover.
- Working knowledge of SAP cloud technologies (BTP, CIG…).
- Experience in Business Information warehouse (BW/4 HANA).