SAP BI Reporting Analyst
SAP BI Reporting Analyst
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a Global oil and gas service company have asked us to provide them with a permanent SAP BI Reporting Analyst to join their team in Calgary, AB. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BI & Reporting Analyst purpose is to develop and support the Client’s SAP BW, Power BI, Business Objects, HANA reporting platform.
This role also supports The Client’s financial consolidation toolset (SAP BPC) and associated integrations.
This is a hands-on role requiring good technical skills, strong business acumen and a pragmatic problem-solving approach.
In this role the successful candidate will work closely with the IT Functional Teams and the business to understand their requirements to implement solutions which are consistent with IT technical strategy.
The scope of this role covers all of the Client’s global business.
• Develop and support analytics and reporting solutions using SAP BW, BPC, HANA, SLT, Data Services, SQL, Power BI and Business Objects.
• Work closely with the functional teams to estimate work, set realistic deadlines to complete development work on time.
• Design / Architect reporting and BI technical solutions to make sure that they are consistent with The Client standards and strategy.
• Build out the capabilities of HANA and Power BI to improve overall reporting portfolio.
• Document test plans and complete Unit Testing for development objects and reports.
• Work closely with IT team members on solution design and problem resolution.
• Develop and implement system changes as required to enhance functionality and/or resolve problems.
• Participate in SAP system refreshes.
• Post-secondary degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Formal SAP training or certification in HANA and/or SAP BW tools.
• 5 years experience with data modeling including Data sources, Info providers, Info Packages, Transformations and Update Rules.
• 5 years of experience with SAP BW or SAP HANA in the delivery of BI solutions.
• Familiar with SAP functional modules especially MM, PM, PS, PP, SD, FI/CO including t-codes, data structures and process flows.
• Experience with SAP Data Services and SAP Business Objects tools required.
• Understanding of both MS SQL Server and SQL will be considered an asset.
• Experience writing business and technical documentation including proposals, architecture documents, and migration plans.
• Experience researching new and existing technologies to increase operational efficiency, performance and value to company stakeholders.
• Team player, with excellent interpersonal & communication skills and ability to effectively express complex technical concepts for business understanding.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment.
• Excellent collaborator who can work with both business and technical resources.
NICE to Have:
• Experience delivering solutions with Power BI and Data Gateway.