SAP Business Intelligence Analyst
SAP Business Intelligence Analyst
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a regional municipality/government has asked us to provide them with a SAP Business Intelligence Analyst to join their team in Victoria. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located: Victoria, BC
Status: Full-time, Permanent
Rate: Competitive Base Salary, benefits, pension package, relocation
The SAP Business Intelligence Analyst works as a specialist in data analytics utilizing SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system with a focus on business intelligence and corporate reporting. The incumbent works closely with business areas and focuses on reviewing, designing, documenting, and developing data cubes to meet business needs as well as on the production of reports and reporting dashboards.
• Provides design and development of business intelligence (BI) solutions including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of solutions.
• Leads BI workstream projects in the development and use of new BI software tools and systems.
• Identifies data needs and sources (internal and external to the CLIENT), data acquisition, input, verification, management, maintenance of data, design and development of related databases and spreadsheets.
• Conducts business needs assessments, problem definition, data collection, stakeholder accountabilities and determines project timelines.
• Utilizes data extractors, data sources & transformations for modeling in BW with advanced Data Store Object (DSO) and composite providers and universe.
• Creates data visualization tools for a variety of end users that support decision making and reporting requirements.
• Actively participates in the coordination of changes into SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) and SAP BW and collaborates with other areas of the Business and Technology team to plan integrated activities such as application upgrades, patch application and routine maintenance activities.
• Administers and oversees the SAC, SAP BW and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (SAP BPC) ensuring appropriate service levels are met, issues and escalations are resolved quickly, and operational procedures are followed in a satisfactory manner.
• Effective communication of all issues/status of operations applications to all stakeholders
• Document the CLIENT’s existing reporting architecture and technology portfolio; make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives.
• Promotes the use of SAC and SAP BW within CLIENT business users’ community, and ensures users are using the optimized tools, and best practice system capabilities.
• Develops technology roadmaps as it relates to reporting and analytics.
• Provides high-level, as well as detailed cost estimates as warranted for all reporting options associated with any project/business objective.
• Researches and recommends tools, frameworks, and mechanisms for data analytics.
• Develops technology roadmaps, standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
• Prepares go-live training materials and documentation and creates new process documentation.
• Follows all CLIENT policies, procedures and standards.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems plus 6 years of SAP business Intelligence and report development experience.
• Considerable knowledge of Business Warehouse applications for ERP systems such as SAP is required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Experience design, and development of SAP SAC, SAP BW, ABAP Core Data Services, Fiori Analytical Query Development, and visualization stories.
• Experience in design, development and support of Power BI and SAP Analytical Cloud
• Expert level knowledge of SAP functionality, data integration, and implementation methodology for platforms including, but not limited to: SAP BW on HANA, SAC, Fiori, etc.
• Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of SAP modules and how those modules can successfully be deployed to users through SAP business objects, Power-BI/SAC/Fiori environment.
• Advanced level knowledge and hands on experience with SAP analytics reporting and Dashboarding/Visualization such as SAC and BW/4HANA
• Intermediate level knowledge with SAP new dimensional UI tools and technology such as UI5/Fiori.
• Creates HANA calculated views for data reporting and analytics.
• Strong project management with SAP BI systems implementation knowledge and skills
• Strong analytical and technical communication skills
• Good knowledge of project planning and ability to capture and interpret the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, consultative, and presentational skills.
• Demonstrated considerable knowledge of data analysis and analytics.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements.
• Knowledge of change management processes and stakeholder consultation.
• Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders.
• Ability to coordinate work of those over whom one has no direct authority.
• Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment or individually with minimal supervision.
• Ability to think innovatively and critically to assist in developing solutions.