SAP Data and Analytics Analyst
SAP Data and Analytics Analyst
Matrix Staffing Group is an IT recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a regional municipality/government client, has asked us to provide them with a SAP Data and Analytics Analyst to join their team in Victoria. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Located: Victoria, BC * relocation package available
Status: Full-time, Permanent, onsite in Victoria
Rate: Competitive Base Salary, benefits, pension package, relocation
The Data and Analytics Analyst works as a specialist in the area of data analytics utilizing SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system with a focus on business intelligence and corporate reporting. The successful candidate will work closely with business areas and focus on reviewing, designing, documenting and developing date cubes to meet business needs as well as on the production of reports and reporting dashboards.
• Provide subject matter expertise for key business intelligence (BI) core function on a cross-functional basis.
• Provide design and development of BI solutions including:
o Technical design
o Test and delivery of solutions
• Lead BI workstream projects in the development and use of new BI software tools and systems.
• Use ABAP to design and create custom data extractors
• Identify data needs and sources, internal and external, data acquisitions, input, verification, management, maintenance of data, design and development of related databases and spreadsheets.
• Create HANA calculated views for data reporting and analytics
• Conduct business needs assessments, problem definition, data collection, stakeholder accountabilities and determines project timelines.
• Utilize data extractors, data sources & transformation for modeling in BW with advanced DSO and Composite providers and Universe.
• Create data visualization tools for a variety of end users that support decision making and reporting requirements.
• Develop work plan timelines and oversees workflows to meet timeframes.
• Work with internal and external customers and IT partners to gather and validate requirements.
• Develop and write business requirements for the designs of solutions.
• Determine and analyze commonly used queries and reports.
• Follow project management processes including the coordination and delivery of project updates.
• Analyze and plan for service demand forecasts.
• Conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the supports of process change and/or IT projects.
• Provide input to business requirements for the design solutions.
• Identify and provide input to technology opportunities that will impact the enterprise BI systems.
• Provide input on the role BI plays in process optimization.
• Explore data to discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends to improve data cube quality.
• Design and build corporate wide “views” and custom reports.
• Develop best practices for report deployments.
• Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in various formats.
• Develop data models to assist in the analysis and solution development for business problems.
• Lead and provide direction for the planning, design and execution of user testing efforts and provide support to test teams.
• Analyze testing results to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business.
• Recommend quality metrics and ensures quality metrics are documents and tracked.
• Research and recommend tools, framework and mechanisms for data analytics.
• Develop standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
• Prepare go-live training materials and documentation
• Perform other related duties as required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, information systems or computer engineering
• Six (6) years business analytics and report development experience.
• Knowledge of Business Warehouse applications for ERP systems such as SAP is required.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent data visualization skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Power BI and SAP Analytical Cloud (SAC).
• Knowledge of XML, SMP Mobility, REST and SAP Net Weaver Gateway.
• Application development experience, ABAP, JAVA.
• Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and analytics.
• Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis methodologies to gather and analyze data and develop recommendations for moving forward.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal stakeholders and partners to understand and document business requirements.
• Ability to work in a team environment or individually with minimal supervision