Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred vendor at BC Hydro and they have asked us to provide them with an ABAP Developer to join their team in Burnaby*. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
* The resource will work remotely – but at some point may be expected to be on-site /occasionally / as needed.
The SAP Developer will designs and implements SAP technical solutions for operations and projects collaborating with SAP Functional Consultants while following industry best practices as well as BC Hydro standards and guidelines.
• OData services development and maintenance experience
• CDS view development
• A minimum five (5) years of working experience in SAP ABAP development and support including SAP project implementation, enhancement, and production support, or equivalent.
• Design, develop, and document high quality, sustainable SAP custom solutions and enhancements by planning, monitoring, and tuning data conversions, data extracts, interfaces, and modifications based on approved architectural direction following BC Hydro standards and guidelines.
• Monitor SAP and associated system operations, troubleshoot performance issues and complete operational routine sustainment activities and bug fixes while providing timely status updates to the BC Hydro team and the consulting team as required.
• Plan and conduct unit testing and support functional and business testing by collaborating with the SAP operational and project teams and with other stakeholders as needed to identify potential issues and recommend improvements.
• Review functional specification documents and present the proposed technical design to the development leads for review using excellent analytical skills and communication skills to ensure that the design meets BC Hydro’s business requirements.
• Hold the accountability for the progress of development activities and resources; troubleshoot and resolve development items by collaborating with functional and technical team members, internal development and business teams, delivery vendors, and representatives from other projects to ensure that the work is packaged and structured according to standards.
• Continuously improve the efficiency of SAP solutions by presenting reports, feasible technical options and recommendations, maintaining awareness of technological developments, and researching hardware and software products to ensure innovative, reliable, and quality technology solutions.
• Monitor and control specific portions of assigned projects so that they are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
• Provide ongoing technical guidance, advice, and assistance to users, customers, partner resources, and multiple project and sustainment teams with major and complex system operations to continuously build SAP capability at BC Hydro.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
• 5 years of SAP Development
• SAP relevant certifications, an asset
• Excellent skills in at least seven (7) of the following areas:
• SAP ERP:
o Finance and Control
o Travel and Expenses
o Sales and Distribution
o HCM (Human Capital Management)
o Environment Health and Safety
o Learning Solutions and Qualifications
o Enterprise Asset Management/Plant Maintenance
o Project System and Investment Management
o Industry Solution for Utilities (IS-U) or Customer Care/Billing
o Supply Chain/Materials Management
o Quality Management
o Warehouse Management
o Customer Relationship Management, Investigative Case Management
o Master Data Governance
• Excellent skills in at least three (3) of the following areas:
o Business Rule Framework (BRF+)
o HCM Processes & Forms
o ABAP Objects
o Web Dynpro
o Adobe interactive Forms
o Excellent skills in the following areas, an asset:
o SAP IS-U functional training/experience
o Experience with mobile applications
o PI/BPO/Cloud Integration
• Excellent skills in Solution Manager ChaRM
• Excellent skills in layered object architecture and package interfaces
• Expert skills in Advanced Business Application Programming (ABAP)
-OData services design and maintenance experience
-CDS Views design and maintenance experience.