SAP FICO Systems Analyst
SAP FICO Systems Analyst
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a Global energy services company, has asked us to provide them with a permanent SAP FICO Systems Analyst to join their team. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
Located: Calgary, AB * / Hybrid / or Fully Remote
Rate: Base salary, benefits package and pension plan
* First preference is given to applicants that can work onsite in Calgary office, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday’s. The Client offers flexible onsite / remote working schedule for employees.
The client is also open to consideration of 100% remote applicants, depending on skill sets.
Our Client is looking for an experienced Finance Systems Analyst to join a collaborative IT team. Reporting to the Finance and Project Systems SAP Manager, this role will be part of a team of Finance Systems specialists that support SAP modules; Finance, Controlling and Project Systems including other application interfaces and reporting tools.
A main area of support is within the business controlling and profitability analysis, within modules CO, COPA, and PP / PS.
• Analyze, design, develop and deliver system related changes and act as a liaison between functional and technical/development groups.
• Reports in the areas of Planning & Consolidation, Analytics and Process Automation.
• Provide production support in the Finance, Controlling and Projects IT functional areas
• Collaborate with System and Business Analysts in the support of SAP systems, Project Controls systems, Security, and Reporting to support the business in all regions
• Follow technology standards, policies and support processes
• earn and quickly understand the integration points between SAP, external systems (Thomson Reuters), and Project Controls systems
• Work with the business teams to ensure that issues are clearly understood, that alternative options are explored, and that business stakeholders understand proposed solutions
• Facilitate the testing of new IT solutions with the business as required to ensure a well delivered solution. This includes working with Subject Matter Experts and IT to develop and execute test scripts as part of project test phases and that align with business requirements
• Support Business customers in Self Service Reporting, utilizing Power BI by either making data available as datasets and/or developing certified Power BI reports
• Future support of the transition from ECC6 to S/4 HANA and address the impact on end-to-end processes and
• Develop an understanding of local requirements of Clients businesses in Canada, USA, Latin America, the Middle East, Australia and South-East Asia.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS, Accounting or Finance or other combination of Education and relevant experience
• 5 – 7 years of SAP configuration experience in the Finance & Controlling and Project Systems modules FI, CO, PS, COPA, PP, AR, AP, AA
• Business experience in an Accounting, Planning, Reporting and Consolidation environment would be an advantage
• Demonstrates superior analytical skills in evaluating business requirements, issues, complex challenges determining appropriate business solutions
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management and organization skills are essential
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable facilitating small to large teams in working sessions
o Experience in Power BI reporting would be an advantage
o Prior experience moving from ECC6 to S/4 HANA would be an advantage