SAP HCM Payroll Manager
SAP HCM Payroll Manager
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a regional municipality/government has asked us to provide them with a SAP HCM and Payroll Manager for their team in Victoria. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com.
The Manager, SAP Payroll and HCM manage and leads the ongoing development and support of the clients SAP Payroll and HCM modules. The position takes on the challenge of designing, functionally developing and re-engineering highly complex business processes to align with the SAP Payroll and HCM modules.
This position acts as an Information Technology liaison who partners with business units to ensure the successful execution of projects related to the support, maintenance and operation of SAP Payroll and HCM modules. Leading staff and working in a collaborative environment, the Manager is responsible for timely and accurate execution of system changes to meet business needs.
• Leads business analysis activities for the SAP Payroll and HCM modules by working with business units to define and document requirements/specifications, data transformation, process re-engineering, executes functional and integration testing, training, implementation and end user roll out.
• Works closely with SAP Technical teams to ensure all proposed work aligns with SAP standards.
• Work with IT management teams to explain and clarify business requirements/specifications to help deliver solutions that meet business unit needs.
• Identify creative solutions to business requirements, Analyze strength and weaknesses and provide recommendations.
• Define and redefine business processes based on accepted industry practices
• Communicate effectively to all levels of management
• Lead functional system design in the development of SAP Payroll and HCM modules in alignment with SAP and IT Best practices to meet business objectives.
• Supervises SAP functional team members
• Creates and maintains thorough and accurate necessary documentation (including business requirements, functional design specifications, training manuals, configuration documentation).
• Configures and test SAP Payroll and HCM modules
• Ensure that issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved.
• Project manages small to medium initiatives.
• Leads ad-hoc analysis to identify root cause of production problems and develop timely solutions.
• Interact professionally and collaboratively with clients and business areas to deliver high quality service.
• Follows all defined technology standards and processes and provides input for improvements as required.
• Assist in the use of existing reports and develops/documents additional reports
• Provides expertise to train and support user groups as appropriate
• Responsible for the leadership and management of employees and contractors within area of responsibility, including employment and labour relations matters involving: employee hiring, promotion, and other personnel matters; discipline and discharge; representing management in grievance procedure; input on behalf of management into labour relations matters, and representing management on committees; maintaining Employer confidentiality; and developing, supporting and implementing various corporate and legislated policies, procedures and practices
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, business or accounting
• Related experience including the following or a combination of:
o System analysis
o Systems planning
o Systems implementation
o Managing Payroll in a large unionized, public sector organization
• Five (5) years hands on configuration experience with SAP HCM (Canadian Payroll, OM, PM, CATS, Time)
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation – An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills required.
• Experience in systems design and development methodologies as related to the system development lifecycle.
• Experience with business process re-engineering in complex computerized environment.
• Ability to elicit requirements from business users including experience facilitating requirements analysis and functional design working sessions.
• Learn and support payroll and human resources processes
• Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience in working on initiatives driving process automation
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to exercise judgement, integrity and discretion
• Strong project management skill to ensure projects are delivered in scope, on time and within budget
• Experience leading change and transformation
• Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and respond to request in a timely manner
• Ability to handle critical and sensitive information
• Knowledge/experience creating and modifying complex rules and schemas for time evaluation and payroll including:
o Configuring and supporting ESS/MSS portal
o Year end reporting and reconciliation (T4)
o Testing annual HR Support pack upgrades and related defect corrections
• Experience with the following is an asset:
o Implementing SuccessFactors Modules
o S/4 HANA
o SAP HCM Fiori applications