SAP HR Functional Analyst, Payroll
SAP HR Functional Analyst, Payroll
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, an oil and gas servicing company have asked us to provide them with a permanent SAP HR Systems Analyst for their team in Calgary. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
Reporting to the IT Manager, HR, Payroll and HSE Systems, the role of the SAP HR Functional Analyst, Payroll is to focus on guidance and support of SAP HR, Kronos and various web applications. Included in this support is also the integration with these systems and associated internal and external HR/Payroll systems.
This position involves ongoing system support maintenance as well as project work that involves time management requirements. Understanding business needs to ensure the final solution is the optimal solution available is key. Understanding the technical solutions which enable this is an important factor for success in this role.
This position supports locations globally (Canada, USA, Latin America, Middle East, New Zealand and Australia) and will participate in special projects required in the HR/Payroll and cross-functional space which includes coordinating both internal and external stakeholders to bring projects to completion efficiently and effectively.
Ideal candidate will possesses good knowledge of human resources processes, SAP CAD Payroll configuration experience and strong communication skills.
• Provide SAP HR/Payroll configuration and support for the HR & Payroll teams.
• Accountable for coordination and testing of all HR/Payroll system enhancements and upgrades.
• Collaborate with business and system analysts in HR/Payroll, SD, CS, PS, FI, Integration and Security areas to support the business in all regions.
• Provide system support and guidance ensuring daily operations are running smooth, which includes troubleshooting, resolving issues, and managing the support ticket queue.
• Understand time collection and how it relates to job costing integrations to and from the FI, HR, CS, SD, PS and MM modules in SAP.
• Build strong relationships with key Human Resources and HSE stakeholders across multiple business units.
• Gather, interpret and solution business requirements for system enhancements, changes and new implementations.
• Provide report development and support for time administrators.
• Support integration between Kronos, SAP and other custom systems.
• Prepare solid solutions to design questions while keeping in consideration, business requirements, Kronos and SAP capabilities and required integrations.
• Develop training material, process maps and train new users to support the business.
• Facilitate the testing of new IT solutions with the business as required to ensure a well delivered solution. This includes working with Subject Matter Experts and IT to develop and execute test scripts as part of project test phases in alignment with business requirements.
• Follow technology standards, policies and support processes.
• Understand and support business change management methodology.
• Occasional travel may be required.
The desired individual has solid experience in SAP HCM Payroll and overall strong human resource business acumen. Is an excellent communicator, capable of working in fast paced environment and explaining the technical elements with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related work education and/or experience.
• Minimum of 5 years as a functional or systems analyst on implementation projects and/or support role for SAP HR/Payroll (Canadian).
• Strong skills in SAP Personnel Administration, Organizational Management, Time Management and FIORI Self Service is required.
• Understanding Time Collection in relation to job costing integrations to and from the FI, HR, CS, SD, PS and MM modules in SAP is required.
• Strong business acumen and communication skills required.
• Ability to translate business requirements to functional/technical specifications.
• Proven ability to manage multiple high priority tasks.
• Comfortable facilitating small or large teams in working sessions.
• Comfortable delivering training to both employees and managers.
• Ability to facilitate skills transfer with other IT resources and with operations teams.
o Preferred: Experience in supporting Kronos Workforce Central Suite including Timekeeper, Absence Management and Activity preferred.
o SQL query and Microsoft SQL Server reporting solutions an asset.
o Spinifex reporting tool an asset.