SAP MM Support Consultant
SAP MM Support Consultant
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. We are a preferred vendor at an Energy Services company and they have asked us to provide them with an experienced SAP MM resource. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email email@example.com
Available: January / Feb 2024
Located: Calgary, AB * onsite or Remote
Status: 6 – 8 months
* this client is open to 100% remote or partially on site – this is a backfill position – primarily MT zone coverage.
OUR CLIENT in Calgary, AB is seeking a SAP contract resource for support of a project and backfill of day to day MM (Material Management) support, change requests and project work.
Knowledge of IM (Inventory Management, WM (Warehouse Management) and or its integration points, would be most beneficial in this role.
SAP MM Resource to join a collaborative IT team. Reporting to the Sales and Operations IT Systems Manager, this role will be part of a team of SAP specialists which support MM, WM, SD, CS, PM, PP and MRS for North and South America.
The primary focus of the role will be to work with the Procurement and Operations business teams on support issues, continuous improvement initiatives and projects.
This will require implementing SAP configuration changes, working closely with development and reporting to build solutions or, in some cases, assessing non-SAP solutions if required. This individual will drive analysis and efforts in designing, developing and delivering changes and act as a liaison between functional and technical/development groups.
• Provide SAP system support and guidance ensuring daily operations are running smoothly, which includes troubleshooting, resolving issues, and managing the support ticket queue.
• Collaborate with other System and Business Analysts in FICO, HR, SD, CS, PS, Security .Net and Fiori modules
• Provide strong and structured Business Analysis expertise to ensure issues are clearly understood, alternative options are explored and that various business stakeholders are aligned on proposed solutions.
• Lead small initiatives and coordinate work with internal resources (Basis, security, development / reporting) as business stakeholders.
• Facilitate discussions with the business resources, substantiated by strong, recent experience in the MM/WM areas of Procurement, Subcontracting, MRP, Inventory Management, ideally in a manufacturing or field services environment.
• Support the Business Analyst and business resources in training new users
• Clear understanding about business change management methodology
• Learning other functional areas and integration, as added support for the overall team.
The ideal candidate is experienced in all facets of Materials Management, Inventory Management and Warehouse Management and or their integrations with other SAP modules.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Information Systems / Business Administration or similar equivalency
• 6 – 10 years of related SAP experience with knowledge in SAP configuration, specifically within the MM, WM and PP modules, with previous experience as a lead and SAP implementations
• Functional knowledge of other SAP modules would be an asset.
• Business experience in a procurement and/or inventory management role would be an asset.
• SAP Training / Certification in Materials Management is preferable
• Demonstrates superior analytical skills in evaluating business requirements, issues, managing complex challenges to enable proposal of appropriate cost-effective solutions
• Willing to occasionally work off hours to accommodate team members in other time zones.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Knowledge of Spanish would be beneficial.