Security Monitoring Specialist
Security Monitoring Specialist
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a Government Financial Service Provider, have asked us to provide them with a contract Security Monitoring Specialist, to join their team in Ottawa, ON. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Available: August 2022
Located: Ottawa, ON / Remote *
Status: 1 year + 2 additional year terms available (total of 3 year contract term)
Rate: All-Inclusive Hourly Rate
Onsite Status: Remote
REQUIRES: SECRET CLEARANCE status or the ability to qualify for Secret Clearance
Our Client has a requirement for an IT Security Monitoring Specialist to review security incidents to determine their severity and draft reports detailing the activity.
The role requires the consultant to have previous experience in analyze host-based indicators of compromise or network traffic to assist in generating new attack signatures. Analyze log, forensic, malware or other related data, as needed. Respond to computer security incidents and perform threat analyses.
• Review and rate the risk of newly announced software and vulnerabilities to the operating system, as they apply to the systems and infrastructure; follow policies and standards as well as industry best practices to do so.
• review security incidents to determine their severity and draft reports detailing the activity.
• Analyze host-based indicators of compromise or network traffic to assist in generating new attack signatures.
• Analyze log, forensic, malware or other related data, as needed
• Respond to computer security incidents and perform threat analyses
• Perform detailed technical analyses of electronic threats, including malware, viruses and other Internet-based attacks
• Work with industry organizations, business partners and technology teams to assist in developing cyber security defensive techniques and best practices
• Provide support for systems within area of expertise
• University degree or college diploma in computer science, engineering or a relevant field.
• A minimum of five (5) years of work experience in the field of information and technology security, with a concentration on information security at the enterprise level or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals, detection systems and security event analysis and correlation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of logging, network and system forensic investigation techniques, including proficiency in malware triage and reverse engineering.
• Demonstrated understanding and in-depth knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris).
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of enterprise systems and infrastructure, network-based services and client/server applications.
• Demonstrated ability in analyzing and quantifying computer security risks for vulnerabilities and incidents.
• Demonstrated experience supporting intrusion detection or digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) within a security operations centre (SOC) environment.
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of NVD/NIST terms and concepts (SCAP, CVE, CVSS, etc.).
• Demonstrated familiarity with host-based investigation tools
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing security events using event aggregation and correlation systems
• Demonstrated experience in programming/scripting languages
• Demonstrated knowledge of IS security controls, technologies, guidelines, and best practices
• Demonstrated ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely to audiences at all levels of an organization
• Relevant cyber security certifications (CISSP, GIAC)