TEST Automation Developer
TEST Automation Developer
Matrix Staffing Group is a SAP Recruiting firm with clients across North America. Our client, a Government Service Provider, have asked us to provide them with a contract TEST Automation Developer for their team in Ottawa. For more information please contact a resource manager at 403-313-8994 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Client has a requirement for a TEST Automation Developer that will be working within an agile Scrum team to deliver test automation specific deliverables for an ongoing program relating to an critical financial, trading, and market collection systems, supporting major financial institutions, central banks and the citizens of Canada for an application used by the Financial Markets Department (FMD).
This engagement will require an estimated five (5) days of onsite effort weekly at 7.5 hours per day throughout the duration of the term.
- Analyzing the automation requirements for applications
- Generating Gherkin scenarios
- Creating robust automated test case suites using a test automation framework
- Creating test data creation tools and using them to generate test data
- Identifying gaps in the test automation framework and participating in the work to close those gaps
- Ensuring that the automation routines run on demand or on schedule
- Verifying and documenting test results
- Participating in the defect process, ensuring that defects are documented, tracked and reported to facilitate timely resolution
- Producing and presenting automated testing-related reports and information, such as requirement-based coverage, testing progress and problem areas
- Analyzing the impact of a change from a testing perspective, including time, cost and risk
- Preparing testing estimates that incorporate all the activities required to effectively automate the testing of a system
- Providing advice and guidance on QA automation services, tools and processes to management, Bank employees and clients
- Maintaining and adhering to IT standards and guidelines for testing and test automation
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relations with internal and external counterparts to support the Scrum team’s objectives
- Manually testing functionality that cannot be automated
- University Degree or College Diploma in computer science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Selenium to automate web applications
- A minimum of three (3) years working in an Agile scrum team
- Demonstrated experience with Protractor and other test automation tools
- Demonstrated experience using JIRA or other defect tracking tools.
- Demonstrated experience using Gherkin and Cucumber
- Demonstrated experience working in Agile projects
- Demonstrated experience working in teams dedicated to testing automation and performance
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining performance test scripts and working with JMeter
- English essential, French would be considered an asset